Uncovering Overlooked Tax Breaks: Planning Considerations in 2018
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
Gain a better understanding of how the impact of new tax changes can uncover tax breaks for your clients.The impact of the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2018 (TCJA) will have varying effects on business owners and individual taxpayers at year end. So far what has been discussed and published are the high level upswings and fallouts of the Act. What has not been widely publicized are certain planning opportunities which are implicit in the language of TCJA. This material takes a look at these overlooked tax benefits that present unique planning considerations.
AuthorsE. Pete Lewis, M.B.A., CPA, EA, Lewis & Associates Tax Planning, Inc.
Overview of the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2018
• Individual Tax Rate Changes
• Business Tax Rate Changes
• Estate and Trust Tax Rate Changes
• Review 30 Major Tax Law Changes Affecting
- S-Corporations, Partnerships and LLCs
- Estates and Trusts
Planning for Shareholders of Closely Held Corporations
• How Tax Rates of TCJA May Reduce Liabilities Through Business Restructuring
• The Silver Lining Under New Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchange Rules
• How Employee/Shareholders May Recover From the Loss of Unreimbursed Business Deductions
• Survival of the Specific Identification Stock Matching Continues to Release Deferred Stock Losses Trapped in "Wash Sale Rules"
• Survival of Tax Breaks Inherent in Captive Business Insurance Premiums
After Attending This Live Webinar You Will Be Able to
• Recognize 30 Major Tax Changes That Will Affect Most Taxpayers
• Identify Ways to Use Certain TCJ Provisions for the Purpose of Reducing Taxable Income
• Identify Ways to Plan Against the Loss of Certain Tax Benefits
• Recognize Ways to Transition Tax Rules Into Tax Strategies